Metro Atlanta is home to over 5 million people and more than 137,000 businesses. Its vibrant economic growth attracts hundreds of companies and thousands of well educated job seekers annually. In fact, metro Atlanta has drawn more in-migration than any area in the nation over the last two decades. The area’s low cost of living, high employment and strong, diverse industry base will ensure its continued recordsetting growth.
- Metro Atlanta is home to the headquarters of 27 Fortune 1,000 companies including United Parcel Service, Coca-Cola Company, Georgia-Pacific, The Home Depot, Delta Air Lines, SunTrust Banks, AT&T and Newell Rubbermaid.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the busiest airport in the world.
- The award-winning cable stations CNN, TNT, Headline News, The Weather Channel and The Cartoon Network are based here.
- Metro Atlanta ranked as the second hottest hi-tech city in the United States, according to Popular Science magazine, March 2005.
- Atlanta’s Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) graduates more engineers than any other university in the country.
- Atlanta is one of only a few U.S. cities to offer rapid rail from inside its airport terminal. Average travel time by MARTA to downtown is 15 minutes.
Below is a list of local attractions taken from the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce website.
|Arts and Culture
|Explore the family of websites provided by the Atlanta Coalition of Performing Arts. Find show listings and more on greater Atlanta’s performing arts scene at AtlantaPerforms.com! Check out auditions, jobs, classes, company directories and more at AtlantaPerforms.BIZ!|
|Filled with a wealth of attractions and activities, Atlanta travel offers something for everyone. Atlanta tourism features exciting interactive venues, historical sites and beautiful performing arts facilities. Atlanta.net|